Published on: October 24, 2012
Most people do not enjoy receiving their monthly energy bill. What many do not realize is that they aren’t shackled to their current provider and the prices they charge. Fortunately, Energy Service Companies (ESCOs) have been established to identify and evaluate energy-saving opportunities.
What is an ESCO?
An ESCO energy saving company like Plymouth Rock Energy is an independent company that supplies a broad range of comprehensive energy solutions to residences and businesses, including the design and implementation of energy savings projects, energy conservation, risk management and energy supply. In deregulated states such as Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and New York, ESCOs can be tremendously beneficial in helping consumers save money.
Deregulation of the energy markets introduced competition where none existed before. Because energy is deregulated in most states, people can choose their own provider. By the separation of supply (actual supplier) and distribution (means energy is transmitted), deregulation gave rise to a number of ESCOs offering lower energy prices and more choices.
Historically, home and business owners who have chosen to switch to an energy service company like Plymouth Rock Energy have saved at least 10% below local utility prices.
Benefits of Choosing an ESCO
It goes without saying that you want to pay the lowest price possible for your energy. We work diligently to keep our prices competitive – if not the lowest on the market – and offer flexible packages that suit your individual or business needs.
Plymouth Rock Energy pays careful attention to the ever-changing energy market. By staying on top of the latest data, we ensure that you always get the best prices.
Reduction of Taxes
When you switch to Plymouth Rock Energy, you will see a reduction in the taxes on your bill. As an ESCO, we are not required to pay the same charges as the utility. In turn, we are able to pass these savings on to our customers.
Plymouth Rock Energy provides both variable and fixed rates so you have the option to lock in your rate for a period of time.
- Variable pricing pegs your energy cost to the wholesale cost of energy in the market. Your price is typically a percentage of the wholesale cost which means that you generally always save money regardless of the market fluctuations.
- Fixed pricing, you agree to pay a set price for the term of your contract. This is a great option if you want predictability for your monthly bill since your energy price does not fluctuate with the market.
You should always choose a provider that is doing well and has been in business for a while. With over 60 years of experience, Plymouth Rock Energy has created a reputation for delivering the best service at the most affordable prices.
Benefits of Choosing Plymouth Rock Energy vs. Other ESCO’s
- No required long term contracts
- No additional fees
- No change in billing process, just lower rates
- Multiple forms of energy including electricity, natural gas, fuel oil, renewable and solar energy
- Dependable service
- Simple Enrollment
- Customer Service representatives on call 24/7
Before choosing an ESCO you should:
- Compare prices and services offered
- Review terms which may cover special fees, deposits, renewals and switching procedures.
- Consider customer service features including complaint handling, hours of operation, and toll-free numbers.
- Research the company’s background. You may want to know how long the company has been in business, the company’s location or if it is affiliated with a utility or any other company.
- Always review the terms and conditions before committing to an ESCO offer.
Call us today at 855-32-POWER or click here to discuss changing to Plymouth Rock Energy. There is no obligation and it only takes a moment of your time to see how much you could be saving on your energy bill!