Published on: May 10, 2012
PLYMOUTH ROCK ENERGY– COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
Thank you for visiting Plymouth Rock Energy (www.plymouthenergy.com).To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our information, practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used by us. Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy surrounding the capture and use of that information.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
Plymouth Rock Energy will never share or sell information about individual users with any third party except to comply with applicable law or legal process or to protect personal safety of our users or public.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND TRACK
Plymouth Rock gathers two types of information about users:
Voluntary submissions: Through our website, you can request product and services information, and engage in various activities like entering contests or sweepstakes, voting in polls or otherwise expressing an opinion, subscribing to one of our services, such as newsletters, or participating in one of our online forums or communities.
Your personally identifiable information may be required to engage in these activities as well as to receive products and services that you may have requested. The types of personally identifiable information that may be collected on our website include but are not limited to: name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, business type and utility account number.
Types of channels where you can submit voluntary information:
- Contact Us /Request a Quote forms: We offer forms for users to contact our customer service, sales, management, etc. to request information, ask a question or get response to anything of relevance. Your information will not be sold or shared with any third party.
- Electronic newsletters: We will offer a free electronic newsletter to users. Plymouth Rock Energy gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every newsletter that points users to the subscription management page. Users can also subscribe to the newsletters at the time of registration.
- Polling: We may offer interactive polls to users so they can easily share their opinions with other users and see what our audience thinks about important issues. Opinions or other responses to polls are aggregated and are not identifiable to any particular user.
- Surveys: Plymouth Rock Energy may occasionally conduct user surveys to better target our content to our audience
Tracking: We may also collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit our web pages or use our applications, such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, your IP address, your device identifiers, your Internet or wireless service provider, and location-based information.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
Voluntary Submissions: Plymouth Rock Energy may use the information you provide voluntarily to fulfill requests for our products and or services, to respond to inquiries about offerings and to offer other products, programs or services that may be of interest. We may also use any information given by you to enhance your experience on our site, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the sites or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users.
As stated above, we use information that you voluntarily provide in order to send out electronic newsletters and to enable you to participate in polls, surveys, etc. We send out newsletters to subscribers on a regular schedule and occasionally send out special editions when we think subscribers might be particularly interested in something we are doing.
Tracking: Plymouth Rock Energy uses tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you. We track search terms entered in search function as one of many measures of what interests our users.
Plymouth Rock Energy operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
PRIVACY OPTIONS – OPT OUT POLICY
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
- Opting not to register to receive our e-newsletter(s)
- Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or concerns about Plymouth Rock Energy’s Privacy Notice or its implementation please contact us via email at email@example.com or by clicking on the Contact Us page. You can also send mail to the following address:
Plymouth Rock Energy
Attention: Consumer Affairs
Woodmere, NY 11598